WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WGL Energy Services (WGL Energy), a WGL company (NYSE: WGL), today announced it has extended the reach and availability of its robust Energy Management Platform, a free, innovative online tool that enables customers to monitor and track both electricity and natural gas usage to help save time and money.
"WGL Energy Services continues to help customers make smart energy decisions through the use of innovative technology, including data and analytics – this easy to understand information puts confidence and control directly in their hands."
The Energy Management Platform is now available to WGL Energy's commercial, government, and industrial electricity and natural gas customers in Virginia, Washington D.C., Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. The solution effectively enables these customers to manage energy budget, calculate carbon emissions, achieve sustainability goals, benchmark against industry standards, and it provides energy efficiency recommendations customized to each facility.
As commercial and government facility owners face ongoing energy regulations, as well as increasing carbon reduction and energy reporting requirements, the Energy Management Platform delivers an advanced level of strategy and planning tools with easy to understand metrics and insights. To learn more, click here for a new video that briefly highlights its main features and benefits.
"WGL Energy Services continues to help customers make smart energy decisions through the use of innovative technology, including data and analytics – this easy to understand information puts confidence and control directly in their hands," said Louis J. Hutchinson, Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer for WGL. "Our Energy Management Platform is another way WGL empowers customers with answers to help make energy surprisingly easy."
Highlights of the Energy Management Platform include:
- Benchmarking Integrated with EPA's ENERGY STAR® - Through an automated data exchange with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager, customers get energy performance benchmarking, data updates, and electricity and/or natural gas usage reporting, at a time when regulators are progressively mandating the use of ENERGY STAR® benchmarking.
- Early Account Renewal Alerts - Customers are notified when to consider renewing an energy account early at a favorable rate, potentially saving costs.
- Energy Tips/Best Practices - Customers get customized energy efficiency recommendations to enable them to take important energy savings steps and compare how energy efficiency measures are working.
- Budget Management and Tracking - Customers can set budgets for their monthly energy spend, and then track performance to let them know how well they are doing.
- Energy Broker Access - Energy brokers have quick access to clients' energy data, allowing them to proactively engage on managing energy usage.
About WGL Energy
WGL Energy delivers a full ecosystem of energy offerings including natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction, distributed generation and energy efficiency provided by WGL Energy Services, Inc. and WGL Energy Systems, Inc. To learn more, visit us at www.wglenergy.com. Follow us at @wglenergy on Twitter and WGL Energy on LinkedIn.
WGL (NYSE: WGL), headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a leading source for clean, efficient and diverse energy solutions. With activities and assets across the U.S., WGL consists of Washington Gas, WGL Energy, WGL Midstream and Hampshire Gas. WGL provides natural gas, electricity, green power and energy services, including generation, storage, transportation, distribution, supply and efficiency. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy for our employees, our community and all our customers. Whether you are a homeowner or renter, small business or multinational corporation, state and local or federal agency, WGL is here to provide Energy Answers. Ask Us. For more information, visit us at www.wgl.com. Follow us at @WGLanswers on Twitter and WGL on LinkedIn.
Bernie Tylor, 202-624-6778
Douglas Bonawitz, 202-624-6129