Energy Risk Managers
In a recent interview, Clint Zediak, WGL Energy’s VP of Sales and Marketing, spoke with Jonathan Kersting of the Pittsburgh Technology Council, a group celebrating its 40th year by profiling leaders
The Renewable Energy Markets (REM) conference concluded on Tuesday, October 20, but not before leaving us energized about the future of energy. We were proud to serve as the City Sponsor of this year’s conference in Washington, D.C. and would like to thank our customers, partners, colleagues and community members for attending.Let’s take a brief look at some of the WGL Energy highlights from REM 2015:
• Catholic University Solar Tour – WGL Energy’s Nate Greenberg and Standard Solar’s Travis Tate led a Sunday afternoon tour at Catholic University, one of the first large-scale campus solar installations in the region.
• Power Table – On Monday, Dr. Louis Hutchinson, WGL’s vice president and chief revenue officer, participated in the conference’s opening session, the “Power Table,” featuring senior industry executives who discussed the landscape for renewable energy markets, organizational sustainability goals, and market growth opportunities. Of particular note, Dr. Lou Hutchinson outlined our vision of combining traditional energy and renewable resources with demand-side management, known as Distributed Impact.
• Green Power Party – On Monday evening, WGL Energy hosted the REM 2015 Green Power Party, an evening cruise on the Potomac aboard the Odyssey. Gautam Chandra, WGL’s SVP of Business Development, welcomed guests to the event.
• Clean Power Plan Panel – Bernice K. McIntyre, WGL Energy’s regulatory director, moderated a panel addressing the role of renewable energy in reducing emissions as proposed by the Clean Power Plan. McIntyre led a discussion addressing topics such as tracking emissions reductions, avoiding double counting, the role of RECs and tracking systems, and managing interstate trading issues. The panel outlined how Emission Rate Credits allowed states to focus on the rate at which they were reducing carbon emissions, as opposed to the overall amount of carbon emissions they eliminated.
• Green Product Marketing -- Alicia LaRoche, Manager, Green Products for WGL Energy, moderated a panel on green power marketing success stories, where panelists shared challenges and final outcomes.
• Energy Trading -- Chris Leveriza, Senior Structure Analyst and Trader for WGL Energy, moderated a panel addressing policy, pricing, trading activity and financing issues in PJM and the Mid-Atlantic, including supply and demand fundamentals.
For copies of the presentations from this year’s conference, please visit the agenda page on the REM 2015 website.
Click on the link below to view more articles from our Energy Insights library. Providing you with Energy Answers is one more way we make energy surprisingly easy.View Related Articles