ABOUT GREEN-E® ENERGY
WindPower from WGL Energy (for large commercial customers), CleanSteps, PA, and National WindPower are Green-e® Energy certified, and meet the environmental and consumer protection standards established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions (CRS). Learn more at green-e.org.
What is Green‑e® Energy?
Green‑e® Energy is the nation’s leading independent certification and verification program for renewable energy. It is a voluntary consumer-protection program that certifies superior renewable energy options offered by utilities and marketers in the voluntary renewable energy market. It is administered by Center for Resource Solutions, a nonprofit based in San Francisco, CA.
Why did the Center for Resource Solutions establish Green-e® Energy?
Green-e® Energy was established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions to provide information and an objective standard for consumers to compare renewable energy options, and to verify that consumers get what they pay for.
What does the Green-e® Energy logo mean to you?When you see the Green-e® Energy logo, you can be assured that:
- The renewable energy product contains only renewable resources,
- The sources of energy supplying the renewable energy option are independently verified by Green-e® Energy, operated by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions,
- The purchaser of a Green-e® Energy Certified renewable energy option is the sole "owner" of the environmental attributes of a specific megawatt hour (MWh) of energy added to the grid. Independent verification ensures that no MWh are double-counted, and
- The company offering the certified renewable energy option agrees to abide by the Green-e® Energy Code of Conduct and Customer Disclosure Requirements governing its ethical treatment of customers.
For more information on Green-e® Energy certification requirements, visit www.green-e.org.
View the Prospective Product Content Labels below:
- 100% Cleansteps WindPower
- 50% Cleansteps WindPower
- National WindPower
- 100% PA WindPower
- 50% PA WindPower
- WindPower from WGL Energy
View the Historic Product Content Labels below:
- WGL Energy 100% CleanSteps® WindPower 2021 Historic Product Content Label
- WGL Energy 50% CleanSteps® WindPower 2021 Historic Product Content Label
- WGL Energy 100% PA WindPower 2021 Historic Product Content Label
- WGL Energy 50% PA WindPower 2021 Historic Product Content Label
- WGL Energy National WindPower 2021 Historic Product Content Label
- WindPower from WGL Energy 2021 Historic Product Content Label
To learn more about RECs, click here.