Showcasing Corporate Sustainability Solutions to Lower Carbon Emissions
Mid-Atlantic Energy Supplier is ‘Greening’ the Event, will Display Offerings such as Carbon Offsets, Renewable Energy Credits, and will Host a Panel on Sustainability Trends and Challenges
Vienna, VA (August 9, 2022) -- With a full line-up highlighting its diverse service and product offerings, energy expertise and low carbon solutions as an event sponsor, WGL Energy is participating again in MACo’s conference, this year at booth 807 on August 17-20 during the “Taking Care of Business”-themed event located at Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Md.
The MACo exhibition hosts 3,000 leaders in local and state government and the private sector to network and share the latest developments impacting the state and region, including the evolving future of energy.
Continuing a more than ten-year relationship with the MACo group, WGL Energy’s presence and activity feature greening the event in a partnership that will offset estimated emissions generated by the event – such as travel, concession stands, lighting, and other carbon-emitters. WGL Energy will also lead a panel discussion with local thought leaders on sustainability in Maryland and will display its offerings to customers as a 25-year provider of electricity, natural gas and renewable energy products.
“We are thrilled to be back in person at a quality event that enables relationship building, solid networking opportunities and the chance to hear directly from leaders in policy, business and community that represent all corners of Maryland – we enjoy showcasing our energy offerings and being part of the energy dialogue that will shape and ensure a more sustainable tomorrow,” said Clint Zediak, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, WGL Energy. “We look forward to learning what matters most to various Maryland stakeholders today, all while sharing our energy perspective on reducing carbon and taking on climate change.”
The panel discussion will take place on Thursday, August 18, at 3.30 p.m. with moderator Larry DePompei, WGL Energy’s Senior Director, Commercial and Green Initiatives. Other representatives will include Sterling Planet, Gordian Energy Systems, Xpansiv in a session that will explore priorities for deploying sustainable power and what’s trending for businesses interested in a lower carbon footprint.
WGL Energy’s key topics and highlights at booth #807:
- Energy Ecosystem – WGL Energy’s emphasis is all about the energy ecosystem, creating new opportunities in the transition to a lower carbon energy future, and supporting customers every step of the way.
- Carbon offsets – Why are customers embracing carbon offsets – and what types – to achieve greenhouse gas emission reductions in one place to compensate for emissions created in another place. How does it work?
- Certified natural gas – WGL Energy residential and small business customers now have the option to buy 100 percent certified natural gas matched with 100 percent carbon offsets. That means the natural gas is responsibly produced to achieve high environmental standards, and even the reduced carbon emissions are offset through programs like tree plantings. This new option is in addition to WGL Energy’s standard natural gas product, that already includes at least 50 percent certified natural gas.
- 'Greening' events – Organizations of all sizes are turning to this approach to make events greenhouse-gas emission neutral through carbon offsets that counterbalance the emissions expected to be generated during the event.
- Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) – RECs are a standard part of the electricity supply vocabulary for customers who want energy powered by local, renewable sources, such as wind power, which WGL Energy offers.
- CleanSteps – Innovative offerings that allow customers to mitigate their ‘out of home’ carbon footprint created by work and leisure travel, dining and entertainment and public internet usage, through the support of certified projects.
In June, WGL Energy presented exhibits at the Maryland Municipal League (MML) event with a similar line up of corporate sustainability solutions.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About WGL Energy
WGL Energy Services, Inc. (WGL Energy) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AltaGas Ltd [TSX:ALA]. Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, it is a leading supplier of clean and efficient energy solutions. With activities and assets across the mid-Atlantic, including regional sales offices in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia, WGL Energy provides competitive options for natural gas, certified gas, electricity, renewable energy certificate, and carbon offsets. WGL Energy makes energy surprisingly easy for communities and customers, including homeowners, small businesses, commercial property managers, and state/local/federal agencies. For more information, visit www.wglenergy.com, and follow the company at @wglenergy on Twitter and WGL Energy on LinkedIn, as well as Facebook.